Thursday, January 7, 2010

Would this be a good brownie recipe?

I'm thinking of trying a new autumn brownie recipe. I made it up myself. Here's what would be in it: Brownie Mix (of course!) Cinnamon/Nutmeg?, Pumpkin Spice, Pecans and Candy Corn. Do you think that would be good? Do you think it would be better if they were cookies instead? I respct your opinion, but please don't be rude! Thanks!Would this be a good brownie recipe?
You could try making the brownies from scratch... I think it's easier to tweak something you have complete control over, as opposed to something you have minimal control over (like a boxed mix).





I think you could probably use just pumpkin pie spice... since it contains cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. I think extra cinnamon and nutmeg might be overkill.





If you didn't want to mess with the brownies, I would add just the pecans to the brownies and then make a cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice) flavored whipped cream (you could use cool whip too... just add a little bit of cinnamon and mix until it tastes right to you. I bet the french vanilla cool whip would be awesome with cinnamon.) and then use the candy corn as a garnish. I have no idea what a candy corn might do in the oven, so I wouldn't try mixing it in.Would this be a good brownie recipe?
sounds better as a cookie. I dont think brownies sound good with candy corn and nutmeg.. but thats just my own tastes! cookies probably would be better.
I don't know if chocolate and pumpkin taste that good together to me. Maybe you can make ';Blondies'; and do all the pumpkin spice stuff to it. After it's done baking %26amp; out of the oven, press the candy corn into the brownies/blondies. Sounds like yummy stuff!





Another thing...if you ever see those caramel wraps for apples (they are flat disks of caramel)....you can pour half the batter in the pan, lay a couple of disks in the center of the brownie batter, then spread the rest of the batter on top. It will give the brownies a chewy caramel center! It's best when still warm %26amp; gooey. YUM! Nice with the pumpkin spice stuff too.
I would leave out the candy corn.


And maybe mix up the pumpkin mix separately and swirl it in so it looks marbled?





Have fun!
Yes, this sounds terrific.





Try this as a topper, then put the candy corn on as a decoration instead of in the batter.





Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting





1 8oz package cream cheese, softened


1/4 cup pumpkin pur茅e


1/4 cup butter, softened


1 tablespoon fresh orange juice


1 teaspoon grated orange zest - optional


1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


4 cups confectioners' sugar - start with 2 cups and taste after mixing, you may want this frosting less sweet since you are putting it on chocolate.





Blend the cream cheese, pumpkin pur茅e, butter, orange juice, zest, and vanilla in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy -- about 5 more minutes.





Makes 3 cups.
yes
I think if you left out teh candy corn it would be fine....candy corn is all sugar anyway so in the heat of the oven it will probably melt.
that sounds like it would be good. maybe cookies would be better with the candycorn.
did u know if u use apple sauce instead of vegetable oil it's Way less fattening
Skip the Candy Corn. Add chocolate chips instead (or some other flavour chips [peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.], maybe a mixture, even).





Make sure you don't add too much of the extra ingredients. You don't want to weigh down the brownie batter or take away too much from it's own original flavour.
sounds sweet lol i like sweet things but u might want to keep the candy corn out but if u think it would be nummy then go 4 it
Nutmeg and pumpkin spice are very strong spices. I would use one or the other but not both. but the recipe sound great. I may try myself. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment