I LOVE to bake from scratch and am always on the look out for the best brownie or peanut butter cookie recipes around.
Does anyone out there have any amazing ones they would like to share? I would gladly swap recipes :]Brownie Recipes?
My favorite brownie recipe:
Chocolate Syrup Brownies
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 can (16oz. or 1 1/2 cups) chocolate- flavored syrup
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Grease a 13X9X2-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter in a large bowl for 30 seconds; add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and beat just until combined.
3. Stir in syrup, then flour. Stir in walnuts (if desired).
4. Pour into greased pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Cool slightly; pour Quick Chocolate Glaze (recipe below) over the top. Cool. Cut into bars. Makes 32 servings.
Quick Chocolate Glaze:
Combine 2/3 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, and 3 tablespoons butter. Heat until boiling; boil 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels until melted.
Enjoy! :)Brownie Recipes?
Here is a recipe for delectable peanut butter brownies. You make them from scratch without spending a lot of time.
For the peanut butter layer, you need:
Cream cheese, at room temperature 1 oz.
Smooth peanut butter 3 Tbsp
Egg yolk, room T. 1 large
Sugar 1 Tbsp
All purpose flour 1 Tbsp
For the brownie layer, you need:
Unsalted butter 5 Tbsp
Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate 5 oz.
Eggs, room T. 2 large
Sugar 陆 cup
All purpose flour 陆 cup
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Baking powder 陆 tsp
Salt 录 tsp
Coarsely chopped peanuts 1 cup
Just follow these easy directions:
Cream peanut butter and cream cheese using an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth.
Add egg yolk, sugar, and flour, one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
Using a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat and continue stirring until smooth. Then set aside to cool.
Cream eggs and sugar until the mixture turns lemon-colored and thick. Add the cooled butter-chocolate mixture and combine well.
Add flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined
Pour half of the chocolate mixture in the prepared baking pan, then place dollops of peanut butter mixture over it. Don鈥檛 worry about covering the chocolate layer because it won鈥檛. Add the remaining chocolate mixture.
Make a rough checkerboard pattern by gently drawing a table knife from right to left and from top to bottom. Finally, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. If you wait for the cake tester to come out clean, you will be overbaking your peanut butter brownies.
Allow the whole brownie to cool in its baking pan before removing it by simply lifting the aluminum foil. Cut peanut butter brownies into squares of any desirable sizes and enjoy.
For baking photos, visit http://www.cookies-in-motion.com/Peanut-Butter-Brownies.html.
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
1/3 cup butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon flour
Melt butter and chocolate together. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light. Add the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, and the cooled chocolate mixture.Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan.
Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture over the brownie layer. Run a knife through the cake to marble.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool, and cut in squares.
Chocolate hazelnt brownies
Prep Time Cook Time Serves
20 mins 45 mins 16 squares
鈥?Butter, melted for greasing
鈥?250g dark cooking chocolate
鈥?1 1/2 cups sugar
鈥?2 tsp vanilla extract
鈥?1 cup plain flour
鈥?1/2 cup cocoa powder
鈥?Extra sifted cocoa for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line base and sides of a deep 20cm-square cake tin with baking paper. Brush with melted butter. To remove skins from nuts, put nuts on an oven tray and put in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and put on a clean tea towel. Fold tea towel over to cover nuts and rub with your hands. Skins should peel off. Then chop nuts roughly.
2. Chop butter and put in a medium heavy-based pan. Roughly chop chocolate and add to the pan. Stir butter and chocolate mixture constantly over a low heat until both have melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove pan from heat and leave to cool.
3. Put eggs, sugar and vanilla into the small bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until mixture is thick and pale. Sift flour and cocoa onto a sheet of baking paper. Add sifted flour and cocoa, hazelnuts and cooled chocolate mixture to egg mixture. Use a large metal spoon to fold in.
4. Gently spoon mixture into prepared tin. Spread mixture to edges of tin. Gently shake to settle mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove tin from oven and stand it on a wire rack to cool. When cold, remove brownies from tin and cut into squares. Dust with cocoa just before serving.
You can use any type of nuts you like in brownies. But for the best flavour, roast them until golden brown before using.
You'll find dark cooking chocolate at all supermarkets, and it doesn't matter which brand you choose.
Use 59g eggs in this brownie recipe.
Ordinary cocoa from the supermarket works perfectly well in this recipe. But you can also use rich dark cocoa. It will give a darker colour brownie with a slightly richer flavour. You can find this dark cocoa in some supermarkets and specialty food stores or delis.
Vanilla extract has a syrup-like consistency and a stronger flavour than vanilla essence. But, if you do use vanilla essence, increase the amount to 1 tablespoon for a better taste.
Brownies are best made the day before eating