I love chocolate brownies... Can somebody tell me whats a good recipy... and also tips on making them?
ThanksGreat brownie recipes?
Perfect Chocolate Brownies
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup shortening
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9x13'; pan.
Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in cocoa.
Remove from heat.
Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
Stir in remaining ingredients then stir in nuts.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool completely, before cutting into 2x2'; squares.
I have read all the great reviews and learned from them, thank you all. Now I line my pan with buttered alumunin foil or parchment paper. This works very well.Great brownie recipes?
3 cups (12 ounces) walnut halves
3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter
1 pound bittersweet chocolate
3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
6 extra large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups unbleached pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting, optional
1. With rack in middle position, preheat oven to 325掳F. Lightly coat 11-by-17-inch jelly-roll pan with melted butter.
2. Spread the walnuts on a second baking sheet, and toast in oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Shake pan halfway through baking to ensure the nuts toast evenly.
3. In a stainless-steel mixing bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate together.
4. Raise oven temperature to 350掳F. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt on medium-high until thick and mousselike, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the flour in 3 batches, turning mixer off before each addition and mixing on low speed until combined. Remove bowl from mixer, and stir in melted chocolate mixture and nuts.
6. Pour batter into prepared jelly-roll pan, spread to an even thickness, and bake for 40 minutes, until brownies are firm to the touch.
7. Before serving, slice into 3-by-four-inch squares. If desired, sift a fine layer of cocoa powder over the surface, brushing off excess cocoa for a velvety finish.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
READ REVIEWS (274)
Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line one 9x13 inch pan with greased parchment paper.
Combine the cocoa, melted butter, sugar, eggs, salt , flour and vanilla. Mix until well combined. It should be very thick and sticky.
Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
don't forget to add the special ingredient
put cashews inside and drizzle on top with carmel when they are done.
here it is..
I stand by this brownie recipe through years of trying others. There's something about stirring the sugar into the hot melted chocolate that makes these brownies creamier. Yum.
4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup butter (1 stick plus 2 Tbsp.)
2 cups sugar
1-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla milk chips, if desired
1/2 cup chopped pecans, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13'; pan. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and beat in the sugar and eggs until smooth.
Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir just until combined. Then stir in chips and nuts. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until just set. Don't overbake these! If they are underbaked a bit, that's just fine.