* 1pkg. (18.25oz.) white cake mix
* 1-1/2c. blueberry yogurt (2-6oz. containers)
* 1/4c. water
* 1/4c. vegetable oil
* 3 egg whites (you can use the whole egg, however the batter will be more green rather than blue.)
* 5-6 drops blue food coloring
* COTTON CANDY BUTTERCREAM:
* 3oz. blue cotton candy (4c.); divided
* 4T. butter; softened
* 3c. powdered sugar; sifted
* 3T. milk
1. Line baking cups with paper liners.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Blend all cupcake ingredients on low speed of mixer for 30 sec. %26amp; then med. speed for 2 min.
4. Fill cups 2/3 full with the batter.
5. Bake cupcakes 17-20 min. Cool before frosting.
6. Frost with Cotton Candy Buttercream %26amp; garnish with fluffs of Cotton Candy.
7. COTTON CANDY BUTTERCREAM:
8. Blend butter in mixing bowl 30sec. or until creamy.
9. Add 2-1/2c. cotton candy %26amp; beat until incorporated. (The mixture will be blue %26amp; grainy).
10. Add confectioner's sugar and milk %26amp; blend on low until frosting comes together %26amp; is nearly smooth, approx. 1-1/2 min. (it will still be slightly grainy).
11. Increase speed to med. high %26amp; beat for 30sec. to incorporate air so that frosting will be fluffy.
12. NOTE: The cotton candy will harden @ room temperature, so keep the cupcakes in a cake saver or under a glass dome.Do you have the recipes for ';Cotton Candy Cupcakes'; or ';Brownie POPS'; as published in Woman's World mag ?
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
4 Tablespoons maple sugar
1 teaspoon maple extract
Mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl set aside. Cream sugar, butter and brown with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each one. Add maple syrup. Add half flour mix and beat until blended, then add half milk and mix, continuing doing half and half until finished. Add maple extract and mix until blended. Don't over mix, it will become too runny -- mix should be a little thicker then store-bought box cake mixes.
Preheat oven to 350掳. Spoon batter into cupcake cups, half-filling them. Bake at 350掳 for about 20-25 minutes, check by placing a toothpick thru the center, if it comes out clean it's done. When cupcakes are cool, top with icing (see recipe below). Serves 12.
French Butter-creme Icing
1 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix cream and flour in bowl and heat in microwave for 45 seconds, set aside. Combine butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla. Add in heavy cream mix, mix until fluffy. Top cooled cupcakes with icing, place maple cotton candy on top right before serving.