Thursday, December 24, 2009

How can I incorporate marshmallows into my brownie recipe?

I have a bag of regular-sized marshmallows and I thought it would be a good idea to add them to my brownies. How can I do this without messing up the recipe? Or do you have a marshmallow-brownie recipe? Thanks!How can I incorporate marshmallows into my brownie recipe?
Here's what I found...from ';Yahoo! Answers'; 2 months ago...Hope it helps!





Can I Add Marshmallows Into Brownie Batter Or Will They Burn?


they re the big kind..i dont think the batter will cover them completely..should i chop them and mix them in or melt them and swirl it in?





I tried that twice. First time was semi-disaster. I mixed them into the batter, and baked. The ones left semi exposed on top, burned.





The second time I got it right. The trick was to make sure the marshmallows were ';buried in the batter'; and not exposed at all when the pan went into the oven. Then, during the last 5-7 minutes of baking I scattered a few chopped up marshmallows (You can use mini marshmallows) on top. They toasted up golden, and melted inside (campfire style). However... Since they do ';deflate'; as they cool, I wouldn't top the whole pan ';Wall to wall carpet style';, since it will look ugly when it's completely cool. But a few scattered on top, gave the ';mixed-in, baked-in effect';


Source(s):


Me- Tried it. I used the coconut covered marshmallows.





*JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...





Twix Bar Brownies





1 box favorite brownie mix ( I multiply each ingredient by 2 and double the batch)


Eggs, water and oil called for on box


1 package snack size Twix bars


1 cup miniature marshmallows





Mix brownie mix according to package directions.





Grease baking dish with butter or spray with Crisco baking spray. Pour 1/2 of brownie batter into bottom of the dish. Layer with Twix bars, then layer marshmallows over the candy bars. Pour remaining batter over top, then bake according to brownie mix directions.





Serve warm with ice cream and caramel syrup.How can I incorporate marshmallows into my brownie recipe?
Thanks for the ';Points';...I 'm glad this helped you! Report Abuse

The only way to do this is to later add the marshmallows is to wait until the brownies come out of the oven and pour the marshmallows onto the brownies and they will melt ontop otherwise in the oven they will burn
When all the batter is mixed, before you but it in the baking dish, add the marshmallows and mix them in.
I think the best is to add it in the end.


Why don't you try asking on a cooking forum? Check out the forum on http://www.fastrecipes.com - Good luck!
put on top so they carmalize
  • Will using skin so soft bath oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment