Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why can't I find a brownie recipe that I think is as good as a boxed mix?

I've made everything from blondies to brownies that had three kinds of premium chocolate in them, and I still prefer brownies from a mix. For some reason, homemade ones (even though they're good) are either too chocolatey or not sweet enough. Anyone have a really good recipe for homemade brownies? Nothing fancy--we like plain old brownies in my house. :)Why can't I find a brownie recipe that I think is as good as a boxed mix?
I don't know, that is the rub. However, my blondie recipe is great. Make it in a large sauce pan:





Melt one stick butter, remove from heat and add all at once, 1 egg, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2c white sugar, 1 - 3/4 c self rising flour, 1t vanilla 1 c (or more)chocolate chips, 1/2 c coarse chopped pecans. Stir well until just mixed. Bake 325 until just done about 25-35 min. Don't over bake. Depends on how thick you make em.Why can't I find a brownie recipe that I think is as good as a boxed mix?
try this,its very good HOMEMADE BROWNIES





2 sticks butter


10 tbsp. cocoa


4 eggs


1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts (opt.)


1 c. flour


2 c. sugar


1 tsp. baking powder





Cream butter and sugar, add beaten eggs. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together, then add gradually, stirring until smooth. Add nuts and mix well. Pour into 9 x 9 inch or 9 x 13 inch pan that has been greased and dusted with flour or cocoa.


You may want to place wax paper cut to the size of your pan in the bottom. It is less messy and never sticks to your pan. One square of chocolate equals 3 tablespoons cocoa, so you can substitute 3 1/3 squares chocolate for the cocoa. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean.
Go on Yahoo food, find great simple recipes there!!!
Oh yes! My favorite brownie recipe is from Bakers Chocolate...you know, the chocolate int he baking isle? It is awesome! They are called ';One Bowl Brownies';.





Every time I make then, everyone goes nuts...saying they are by far the best brownies they have ever eaten. Totally chocolaty and rich...delish!





Link to recipe below!

No comments:

Post a Comment